Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jerseys..check! Work gloves..check! Red dress..check!


We leave the day after tomorrow - eeek! Does that mean just one day left? It sure does! And what did we do tonight? Packed up almost everything! We have a few items left and we are good to go... being newbies has definitely left the, "oh em gee, do we have everything we may need?" feeling - but for fear of overpacking, we decided we will just have to go without! I will let you all know how that goes ;)
Kaili has no idea what to prepare for... her duties will not be explained until Saturday! So, with a happy heart, she is preparing for the worst. She is so excited, though, because she loves physical labor -- we have heard Roadies have it much harder than cyclists!

Tomorrow I say goodbye to my beloved bicycle... she is being shipped up there and I won't see her until Orientation day. Some of you may not know... but I wasn't too hot at riding a bicycle when this whole thing started, I was lucky I could balance! and braking? fuggetaboutit!... so my bike and I started as a love-hate relationship (remember when I fell in the dirt? She does!) but its developed into full-blown love. Amazing.

We will update tomorrow as we are one day closer.. We are very very very excited!

:),
Kaili and Whitney


1 comment:

  1. You have come so far and trained so hard and are doing so great! Way to go guys!!!

    ReplyDelete